TENDER NOTICE 2 2016
Bushiangala Technical Training Institute invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the construction of a Twin Workshop. Interested contractors registered by National Construction Authority Class 5 and above may obtain Tender documents from the Institute upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Kshs. 1,000 (One thousand shillings only) at the Accounts Office between 9:00 am – 4:00 pm during normal working days or deposit the fee at KCB (Kakamega Branch) Account Number: 1102702188. The bid bond for the work will be 2% of the tendered amount from a reputable bank/insurance firm. Interested bidders should note that only those meeting the minimum criteria and supported by relevant document as submitted will be considered for further evaluation.
1. Proof of works of similar magnitude and complexity undertaken in the last five years.
2. Adequate equipment and key personal for the specific types of works.
3. Bid bond must be in form of bank guaranteed/ insurance.
4. Litigation history of the company both court and arbitration.
5. Tax compliance certificate – Tenders from the following tenderers shall be considered non responsive hence automatic disqualification.
a. A tender from tenderer whose on-going projects is or are behind schedule and without any approved extension of time.
b. A tenderer who has been served with default notice on on-going projects or terminated in previous projects.
6. Report on financial standing (audited accounts and bank statements) for the last 2(two) years.
7. Confidential business questionnaire.
8. A copy of current company registration /incorporation certificate from the registrar of companies.
9. A copy of certificate of registration by the National Construction Authority showing the relevant category.
Tenders in plain sealed envelopes, marked Tender No/BUSTTI/TWIN WORKSHOP/FY2016/2017/01 on the right side corner and bearing no indication of the tenderer should be addressed to:
P.O. BOX 2227-50100